Ilios is a curriculum management system for the Health Professions educational community. It is a user-friendly, flexible, and robust web application. Ilios collects, manages, analyzes, and delivers curricular information.
Built by and for the health professions, Ilios supports the sharing of curriculum outcomes and materials among programs, departments, schools and institutions, while maintaining the flexibility to accommodate the unique practices within our diverse health professions community.
- ROBUST: Ilios provides a flexible yet structured model for mapping your curriculum across all years of training.
- MULTI-SCHOOL: A single Ilios deployment provides for any number of locations or campuses, regardless of distinction in curricula.
- MULTI-DISCIPLINARY: Ilios allows for the creation and development of curricular material structured across any number of disciplines and programs.
- INTER-PROFESSIONAL: Ilios is designed explicitly to provide IPE support across the health professions
- STANDARDS COMPLIANT: Ilios is built to meet the MedBiquitous and AAMC specifications for Health Professions Curriculum standards.
Mapping and Managing: Ilios creates a comprehensive view of curricula by tracking events, learning content and activities over time. The system facilitates day-to-day administration and the delivery of information to learners; enhances curricular development, review and innovation; and reduces overhead for internal and accreditation reporting. The end result is a powerful tool creating complete and accurate pictures of complex, integrated, multi-year curricula.
User Assignment & Access: Ilios manages learners and instructors and their relationships to curricular materials and activities, enabling the tracking of educational hours, roles and role transitions for participants both internal and external to an institution. Ilios also provides a robust, scalable delivery mechanism for user-centric calendar and scheduling information, with direct access to critical course information, materials, and other educational systems and services.
Integration and Communication: Ilios leverages the power of your existing online learning. With its comprehensive API, Ilios allows you to integrate with external data sources and systems. For schools using online learning systems such as Moodle or Canvas, Ilios provides a backbone of curricular information to make that deployment more robust and to complement the rich online tools, activities and materials already in use.